Monday, January 21, 2013

Pants out of Pants

It's kind of a miracle, things in our life are getting so much better that I actually sewed.

I had these brown lounge-y pants that I loved but they'd gotten to be pretty holey.  They were the perfect comfy pants for around the house.  Brad gave me some new pants for Christmas so it really was time to retire them.  I couldn't bear the thought of just throwing them away though because I loved them so much, so I cut them up and made some pants for Catie.


I used the original hem for the bottom and I used the original waistband only I cut off a couple inches.  They turned out even better than I had hoped.  I used some of her pants to draft a pattern, adding a couple inches to the bottom.

She was so pleased that I was making her pants and told Daddy as soon as he got home from work.

2 comments:

AT HOME said...

Clever! I need to start a project too... The time is missing with my third being seven weeks! Soon?

The Hideout said...

Really impressed and you did a fantastic job! :)