Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Stockings

A couple years ago I made us Christmas Stockings but since then my craftiness has increased dramatically.  My skills are better and my tastes are better so when I pulled out the stockings I knew this year I wouldn't use the old ones anymore.  Plus I think stockings should be made out of felt and the ones I'd made were far too small.  Here were the old ones, don't mock my Santa.

I used the same patterns for the new stockings (except I clearly made a new Santa) but all the pieces are made out of felt and hand stitched on.

I hung them on the mantle exactly the way my Mother always did, a piece of red yarn (only I used red ribbon) strung across the mantle and the stockings pinned on.  I wouldn't mind some actual ornament holders one day but for now ribbon and pins works great.

Here's a close up of each.

I love the way they turned out but I'm really kicking myself for not putting Mom and Dad instead of Brad and Laura.  I don't know what I was thinking but I'm not unpicking the hand stitching, maybe next year.

I think Catie's is clearly the cutest, that Santa is awesome.  She looked at it and said, "Clause!"
Pin It

1 comments:

Jenn said...

"Clause", how cute! Love the stockings.