Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Hero

I have an issue with spiders, it's no secret. I don't like them. Normally I'm pretty good about it though and I'm able to take care of them (aka kill them quickly) on my own. If Brad is home I'll let him do the honours but if it's just me I can handle them fine. I also have this weird fascination with them so I have seen many scary youtube videos and I have a love/hate relationship with the movie Arachnaphobia.

There is one place where they completely terrify me though; in the car. You're so defenseless, you can't move anywhere and usually they're real close to you so on Monday while driving home as a spider started to descend from its web 4 or 5 inches from my face I pretty much freaked out. The combination of the air blowing from the vent and Brad braking quickly (he didn't have a clue what was going on at first) only pushed this spider closer to me. I don't want to exaggerate, this wasn't huge spider but it was a gross one and it was lowering itself closer and closer to me. I was completely irrational and unable to do anything about it.

Here comes the part about my hero. With his bare hands and one quick movement Brad swept that spider away from me and killed it dead. Now you have to understand that Brad doesn't love spiders either, he's completely capable of killing them but using his bare hands would not be a choice he would make, I appreciated his quick thinking and his willingness to protect me from the really gross spider and also his ability to do all of this while driving without any sort of accident.

It's nice to be able to call on my very own hero and know that he'll come through for me.
L

1 comments:

Unknown said...

For as long as I have known you, you have been terrified of Spiders...I even remember a sleep over that involved shaking all the blankets to make sure there where no more spiders. I agree with you though....spiders in the car bother me a TON...