Friday, May 16, 2008

My Nose Deceives Me

Yesterday, it being so nice out I decided to sit on the patio during lunch. I really enjoyed it but ended up being just the tiniest bit sunburned. I figured I'd make sure my skin doesn’t dry out so I put on some after sun lotion.

I cannot stop thinking about Puerto Vallarta!

On our wedding day while taking pictures my neck got a pretty good sunburn and then we went directly to our honeymoon in Mexico where it was super sunny and hot so we both ended up very red. As a result we applied after sun lotion multiple times a day. It's a lotion that has a pretty distinctive smell which has now become associated with the honeymoon.

I keep thinking about the beach and the ocean and the beautiful pool with the yummy drinks and the blasted air conditioning in our hotel room. We used to eat these homemade tortillas and I'd fill mine with crème fresh and guacamole and salsa. Coconut ice cream, pineapple juice and these incredible doughnuts with caramel sauce for breakfast. There was a gecko in the hall and looking out our room looked a bit like tropical heaven.

These combined memories are making my workday pretty impossible, that smell just keeps coming though.
L

0 comments: